Saturday, November 4, 2017

Things I Love

I thought I would do a shout out to some things I love, including products and businesses.

First off is Draper Therapies. I have their anti sweat sheet   and the horses absolutely love it. It's perfect for summer when you want to throw something on at a show to keep the bugs off, and I love it for the cooler weather under a cooler after a ride. I've noticed differences in Lily and Zippy who both wear it as often as possible; they are happier to work over their backs and more supple.
I also have a t shirt and the quality is lovely. It is super comfortable and seems to give me some relief from my shoulder pain (caused by completely destroyed shoulders. Thanks horses.)
Next on my list to purchase is the no bows. I frequently wrap my horses' legs after work, so I'm excited to try these! If they are anything like the anti sweat sheet, I know the horses will love them.


Next is Ride an OTTB, Clothing for the OTTB Lover. This is a new venture by Zippy's first mom, and I received my first t shirt the other day. Linda has created some really cute tops with awesome sayings on them. I got "When the coffee you're drinking costs more than your horse". The quality is great and Linda was awesome to deal with when I had an issue with ordering on the website. I really want to get "Chestnuts are the best nuts", but I feel I need to add another chestnut to my herd first!


I LOVE my equine chiropractor, Dr. Katy Spiewak. She has been such a huge part of my horses' lives the past few years, especially Bella, keeping everyone feeling their best and able to perform their best. She is so gentle and patient with the horses and really takes her time to do a thorough exam. Not only that, but she works on one of my boarder's other pets as well, including her dogs, cat, and cockatoo! Dr. Katy is one of a kind.

My farrier, Jon Taylor, is also a big part of my barn family. He has to be the most patient person I've ever met, and drops everything when I need him at the barn for an abscess or lost shoe (not that I have many lost shoes!). He is great with the OTTBs that have just come off the track, as most of them really don't know how to stand well when they first come to me. He always explains to me what he is doing, as I love to learn, and listens to all my thoughts and suggestions. I really lucked out with Jon!


1 comment:

25 Questions, stolen from The $900 Facebook Pony

I saw this blog post on The $900 Facebook Pony , and I love these things, and I haven't been blogging much, so I thought I would give i...