Friday, December 1, 2017

Fun-day Friday

Fridays are great. I love Fridays. Especially when I don't have to work at the office and I can spend my day with the ponies.
Started off this morning picking up an order of Buxton Equestrian gear. I had a jacket done, a saddle pad for Piper for Christmas, and some toques, hats and polos for clients! Everything looks great and I love that people want to rep the farm!


After the usual morning chores, my mom came down to take some pictures of Tom for me. I have him casually listed for sale, but he's impossible to take pictures of alone. He's lazy, so I have to chase him around and that means I can never been in a good spot to take pictures. My mom has a really nice camera and is learning to take nice shots, and she definitely got some good ones of him today. Mr. Fancy Pants sure is learning how to carry himself. Even my vet thought he was super cute.


He looks like such a chunker here!

I rode Zippy next. Unlike last week, where I rode everyone at least 3 times, this week has been crazy and I've hardly ridden at all. Zippy isn't the type that needs to be ridden daily to be able to work, however I've found that he is much more workmanlike if he is ridden at least every other day. This meant that today, he was really lazy. He still put in some really lovely flat work, and I was really happy with him. His canter is coming along nicely as he learns to stretch over his back, and he is learning to stay straighter through his body. I had set up a little gym line originally for Lily, so I thought I would let Zippy pop through it. He hasn't really jumped since before all his abscesses, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. This was a little more then he has done, though it was still simple: raised trot pole, 10 ft to tall x rail, 10 ft to raised trot pole. 



We trotted in the first time to let him figure out where to put his feet, something he is still learning, and he bounded right over, though after the first trot pole I could really feel him thinking and trying to figure out how to get his body over the x rail, which he knocked down. The second time through, he had it totally down, and had no problems. We did it a few times from canter each way, and he was just great. I love this horse. He has such a neat little jump and is quite powerful. I think he'll be really fun.

The vet came next to look at Lily's leg, which I was concerned about as she has been dealing with some fungus of some sort on the front of her hind left cannon, and the last week the leg has stocked up if not wrapped. My vet wasn't too concerned, gave me some antibiotics and said to make sure she gets worked every day, even if it's just chasing her around the sand ring for 10 min. I didn't have much after he left before I had to feed, so I threw her in the ring and let her run. Man, was she ever having fun. The trot that this horse has is amazing. She has so much suspension and can just really cover ground and flick her toes out. I'm sure the dog chasing her on the other side of the fence helped too!


Levitating!

Great day! Came home to the kids and hubby and decorated our tree for Christmas. I am so thankful for the warm weather this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

25 Questions, stolen from The $900 Facebook Pony

I saw this blog post on The $900 Facebook Pony , and I love these things, and I haven't been blogging much, so I thought I would give i...