Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stupid cold. Stupid winter.

Winter is here, and excuse the language, but it fucking sucks. I hate winter. I hate the cold, the frozen ground, having to wear so many layers that you can't move, not being able to ride because it's so cold, the fact that it gets dark by 4:30 pm. I could continue. I could write a whole page on why I hate winter.

I actually got in a few rides this last week, just hacking out with Lily, mostly walk with a bit of trot work, and Tom got longed last Monday as well. The weather was decent up until Friday, when the wind chill just made things miserable. Yesterday wasn't too bad, neither was today. Highs around 0, which I can work with. Though this Wednesday things are supposed to get disgusting, with a high of -11. I just have one more week to keep Lily in work, as we have a clinic next Sunday.

I don't generally do clinics over the winter, as I take my trailer off the road, but my friend Tori convinced me to go this one with a local 2* eventer, so I'm borrowing a friend's trailer. Super excited for it! It'll be nice to get my butt kicked once more before the end of the year.

My lovely SO and his friend did get a shelter finished for the ponies today, which is great, and just in time for the stupid weather this week! Super happy to finally have it done. It's not 100% finished, but at least they have a wall to block wind from the west and north, and a roof.



2 comments:

  1. ooooh i hope you have fun at the clinic! i'm itching for fun outings like that too, but i think my horse's Seasonal Affective Disorder is worse than my own lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it goes! Lily is such a good girl that I know she'll do her best despite not being ridden at all this week due to -20 weather! It's be terrible and so cold!

      Delete

25 Questions, stolen from The $900 Facebook Pony

I saw this blog post on The $900 Facebook Pony , and I love these things, and I haven't been blogging much, so I thought I would give i...